Want to learn why using hashtags on Instagram for business will help you get more likes?
Reasons For Using Hashtags On Instagram For Business
You’re going to be learning just how simple it is to use hashtags and get more likes on your posts.
When I first started marketing on Instagram I was not using hashtags and I actually thought they were pointless and annoying.
But I realized I was wrong.
Hashtags actually help your posts get seen. Once I started using hashtags I started getting more likes on my posts.
Take a second and think about how many followers you have?
You then make a post at 10 am.
How many of your followers are on Instagram at 10 am?
How long does your post stay relevant in the Instagram news feed?
This is why hashtags help, you can use them to get your photos and videos seen by using top searched hashtags. You can use the Instagram hashtag search bar to find out the best hashtags to use, but that will be discussed below in tip 2 for using hashtags on Instagram.
So I am sure you have seen hashtags displayed in all different ways. For example:
- Some #use #hashtags throughout the #comment.
- Others are adding hashtags to Instagram after posting a comment. #after #the #post
- #Then #you #have #posts #that #are #all #hashtags.
Honestly, you can mix it up and use hashtags how you like, just make it appealing to the reader and make sure it makes sense.
Tips To Using Hashtags On Instagram For Business
Down below are 4 tips to using hashtags on Instagram for business.
1. Wondering how many hashtags should I use on Instagram? Try sticking with 3-5 hashtags. Overusing hashtags is stuffing and it is annoying.
2. Keep your hashtag short sweet and to the point. For example, If you post a selfie and your hashtag is #ilovemyhairtodaynot. That is a long hashtag and a lot of people probably don’t use this hashtags. Meaning no one will look up that hashtag and look at your picture. Maybe use #longhair #smile #selfie, something relevant to the photo.
There are short videos below that show you how to use the Instagram hashtag search bar to find popular hashtags.
3. Use relevant hashtags in your post. Think about it, if you go to Instagram and you are searching for #sunsets in the search bar. And food pictures pop up, but no sunset pictures, you might be a little bit annoyed because it is irrelevant to what you are looking for. Right?
So when using hashtags on Instagram keep it relevant to the piece of content you posted. Watch the videos below for an example.
4. Use targeted hashtags. If you have your own business you want a targeted group of people that are interested in what you are selling. For example, you’re selling cosmetics and you post a picture of your product. Then hashtag #trees #sunset #nature. First that is irrelevant to your post, and second, it has nothing to do with your business. It will be hard for your audience to find your photo.
Below is a short video example of how to search target hashtags relevant to your audience and post.
Targeted List For Using Hashtags On Instagram For Business
Down below is a targeted list for using hashtags on Instagram for business. Let me explain this a little more. Above you learned about the Instagram hashtag search option to find popular hashtags.
But you don’t want to use just any hashtags. You want to use specific hashtags your customers would be searching. So use this targeted hashtag Instagram cheat sheet below for your business.
You can use the above Instagram hashtags copy paste, them into a document and save for later or you can download a pdf that has over 50 target hashtags for you to use.
What was your favorite tip for “using hashtags on Instagram for business?” Share Your Thoughts In The Comments.
P.S. If you found this information useful make sure to join the new group, Ambitious Boss Squad. I created this so you never miss any trainings and updates. I’ll dive deeper into certain topics and you can ask me questions inside the group.
LET’S STAY CONNECTED
I love helping small business owners and network marketers find a target market and attract more customers consistently! Access the Training Center Below.